This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
http://www.navyformoms.com/events/power-school-graduation
Here is a link of all attending 7/31 power school graduation. I found it under events.

Views: 101

Replies to This Discussion

Cry, whoop and holler. I don't know--let's put our heads together--maybe blue/yellow feather boas. No, really, don't want to stand out too much and don't want to embarras anyone let alone take away from the dignity of the ceremony. It will depend upon the weather, too, like if it is raining or not. Let's just call each other when we get to town and see where everyone is.
Hello, I was told your sailor is also going to New York after Power school graduation, got any insight on apartments in that area. Is he in class 0903? My son also graduates the 31st. Thanks
Hello Navy moms. my son also graduates power school on the 31st, class 0903 at 9:00am. Looking forward to attending his graduation. My son will be transferring to New York to start his Proto type training in August after a few weeks off. Anyone else's sailor going to New York? We'll pray the weather will be nice and cool with a slight breeze!!!! lol
Karen--be sure & meet ADN on line if you have not already. Her sailor has same plans. Ours hopes to stay in GC.
wow thats alot of sites to visit, no wonder my son asked me to just check out a few to see what I thought, with all the study time and tests now, I'm sure it's hard for them to really focus on housing. Thanks for the info, give me something to check out. I did find out that during their time there snow starts in Oct. and pretty much last until April/May, so hopefully they will take in to account that they don't want to worry about driveways to shovel!!
My husband and I will be there too. Can't wait to see my son as it's been 7 LONG months!
Plan to spend a few days after graduation to see the sights if we can stand the heat and humidity! :)
He is delayed until later in August for Prototype in NY so will come home for a bit.
My son is also graduating 7/31. Can't wait to see him. It seems like it has been soooo long. Like many of your sailors, he is ging to NY. Thanks for all the housing info. We live in Massachusetts so NY location will only be 2 hours from us. We are planning on checking out a few of the housing options for him over the next few weekends. Plan on visiting them in NY. This area is very beautiful, especially in September and October. There is nothing like New York and New England in the fall. This particular area gets quite a bit of snow and gets pretty cold in December through March. NY does a great job keeping their roads clear of snow.
ADN,
Anything we can do for you and your Sailor, we will do. Ballston Spa is exactly half way between our home and our oldest son who lives in upstate New York. Our Sailor was going to give us some addresses to go take a look at over the next few weekends. Now with digital photography we can send pictures of places we check out. Just let us know.

On another note, I just completed my MSN. I know how conflicted you must feel with starting school and wanting to get your Sailor set up in Ballston Falls. It sounds like there will be a lot of them in the same boat (sorry for the pun). These next 24 weeks will go so fast for the sailors and school will go so fast for you as well.
Just some general info about the graduation (my son graduated power school June 5 and is now in prototype in GC). We stayed at the villas. Our son met us at the (famous) Subway at 7:15. (grad was to start at 9:00) and got in our car to drive us in the gate. The parking area was not far from where the ceremony was held. We did go find a seat (3rd row) as there were already quite a few people there. We had plenty of time for our son to point out to us the chow hall, which side of the building was "A" school and which was power school, where the dorms were and to look in the Rickover center. In the event of bad weather, the ceremony is held by divisions in the Rickover center supposedly. The Rickover center has bathrooms, the orientation room, check in for new arrivals, medical and the mail room. I now know why sometimes he did not get his mail as soon as I thought he should. There were several tables set up outside the center where t-shirts, sweatshirts, bumper stickers, drinking goblets and a few other things were being sold - cash or check only (so I had to make a trip back to the car) There are also snack and cold drink machines in this building, as well as several tables set
up outside and manned by sailors with Igloo coolers with cold water. We met a lot of my sons friends, his roommates to be and their parents and some of his instructors - chatted quite awhile which one of his favorites from A school. There are several places where you could met. It was a very nice ceremony. After, they have to be checked out of their rooms - this took awhile for our son, not sure what the hold up was. Something really touching was when the flag was raised at 8:00 and the song (how awful - I forgot what was played) was played. Everyone stopped, stands at attention. Really neat. You are also given several minuutes before the official ceremony starts to take photos of your sailors divison as well as being able to take them while they are receiving their diploma.Sorry so long.Any other questions, please ask.
Hi Navy Moms! My son is also graduating from power school on the 31st at 9am. He is in class 0903 too. He is staying in Goose Creek. Does anyone know if N4M's are wearing anything special or meeting anywhere? I'd love to meet you guys. We are staying in North Charleston at Comfort Suites.
Many of us have been chatting for quite a while and have exchanged cell phone #'s. don't know that we are wearing anything special. I'm actually wearing business casual, as there will be admirals there and our sailors will be in dress uniform. If you have an idea such as a pin or such, let us know!

PS--at top of discussion is a link to events--please rsvp there. thanks

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service