Curious who else has children going to San Antonio as Hospital Corpsman
My son Matt is also going to San Antonio as Hospital Corpsman. He is in division 120.
My daughter is in div 117...I was hoping to keep in touch with other moms who will have children there:) Have either of you heard how much time we will have with our kids after PIR? From what I understand, we will have that afternoon, and then they will fly out super early in the am on Saturday. I hope that's not the case, but I will be ready for anything;)
Hi Kahli's Mom its Matt's mom. I have read several different things. I am hoping they won't leave till Sunday. But it does seem by other posts it will be Saturday. We can meet them at the Airport and get a gate pass. I purchased my Airline tickets the other night. We leave on Sunday evening. I did this just in case they let them stay until Sunday. Lets all pray they leave on Sunday so we could have that extra time with them
I'm praying there are a LOT going to San Antonio so there won't be enough plane seats and some will have to wait until Sunday. That being said, from what I've seen on here, most leave very early in the morning. They said they are usually dropped at the airport at like 2 am. If that is the case, we probably won't meet him there. We'll spend as much time as possible on Friday before we have to take him back, but if they are going to the airport at 2 am, we'd have to be there then also to get through the gate with him. Once we got to the gate, we'd all just sit there and sleep anyways, so it would be pointless. However, if they are flying out later in the day, that would be a different story.
I'm just looking forward to having him in San Antonio so we can talk more often and visit him some. Just 5 more Fridays before we see them!!!
Wish mine was. :( It was the rate he wanted but it wasn't offered to him at signing. He has been waiting for a transfer over but hasn't gotten it. Maybe during bootcamp he will get it. If not, he will have to do a crossover later.
My daughter is going to San Antonio too. She is going for MA (Master at Arms).
Aterzmom - My daughter (ship 03 div 118) is also going to San Antonio for MA. Have you heard if she will be picked up right away to start her training? My other daughter is a Marine and she waited a few weeks to be picked up for her job training.
Hello HM Moms, one of the HM moms posted this.
Joanne and Other moms of HM's
I found some interesting information today during my hours of searching. :-)
- A school is 14 weeks, but they do have about a month of waiting until they actually start classes. During the waiting period they will have some orinetation classes, stand watch & do a lot of cleaning
- .if you meet your Sailor at O'Hare airport, the bus coming from Great Lakes drops all Sailors off at terminal two because that is where the USO office is located
- Tell them to enjoy the down time ans STUDY STUDY STUDY because once school starts, it's very intense.
- quizlet.COM for help with learning medical jargen.. anatomy physiology human body nervous system cells gross anatomy bones human physiology science physiology anatomy anatomy lab human gross bone tissues skeletal system blood general human heart endocrine system skeleton body health digestive system skull introduction human joints muscular system integumentary system human biology respiratory system intro human
- Mom print off flash cards from quizlet.com to give to them after PIR. Or you can buy them from Amazon but buy the Kaplan Medical Anatomy Flashcards
I thought all this was prob. great advice from moms who have been where we are so I thought it worthy to pass on.
What great information...thanks!!! I had heard about the Kaplan Flashcards and also heard to buy them an anatomy coloring book. I've asked my SR if he would use those things before I buy them. As for quizlet, we use that at school a lot, but I never thought about it for our SR. Thank you so much for the suggestion.
I knew they had some wait time until the class was full, but didn't realize it would be that long. I had heard 1 - 2 weeks. However, if they will make good use of the time to be prepared, a month might be good.
I also saw on a website the schedule for them to phase up so they can do things such as wear civilian clothes and be off base over night. I'll have to search for that again and post it when I find it.